I am pleased to announce the availability of a standalone Windows version of Mercurial 0.7 (plus extra bits), packaged as a self-extracting installer.
Benefits of this package:
- No prerequisites! You don’t need Python installed to use Mercurial any longer, because it’s a Windows executable. You can’t even tell that Mercurial is a Python application!
- Uses standard Windows installer/uninstaller wizards that everyone is familiar with.
- The download is just 2.5MB in size, but is fully featured.
- Comes with complete post-install configuration instructions.
- If your system uses NTFS filesystems, we use hardlinks to clone local repositories, saving time and disk space.
Here’s the download link: http://www.serpentine.com/mercurial
And here’s the Coralized version, in case my home DSL link is slow: http://www.serpentine.com.nyud.net:8090/mercurial
Please give it a try, and report your feedback to the Mercurial mailing list. I hope that people will find it useful.
For the extremely brave, the complete reproduction recipe can be pulled from http://hg.serpentine.com/mercurial/bos, and will ship with future releases of Mercurial.